vessel lay - up
MRM employs only fully qualified and highly experienced Masters, Chief Engineers and other senior officers, such as Lay-Up Superintendents. Clients are assured of a timely and inexpensive lay-up procedure with ongoing superintendence as appropriate. MRM has joined forces and works in Partnership with Bibby Ship Management, one of the UK's oldest and most respected shipping groups, to provide best-in-class support for its clients.
• Establishing a safe berth either alongside or at a safe anchorage.
• Liaising with the relevant Port Authority and with the Flag and Class as to their specific requirements and regulations.
• Conducting the appropriate shut-down procedures including preparation of Cargo Spaces.
• Confirming with Insurers as to vessels safety and lesser degree of risk.
• Establishing minimum crew levels and paying-off and repatriating superfluous crew.
• Activating appropriate security procedures against theft, damage and piracy.
• Exercising budget and accounting controls, preparing and submitting regular, pre-agreed reports.
• Monitoring stores and bunker levels and maintaining general cleanliness of the vessel and accommodation.
• Ensuring vessel is re-activated when required with all machinery operating in accordance with pre Lay-Up.
vessel lay - up overview
Recognising Shipowners current needs
to minimise costs whilst maintaining their fleets to as high a standard as possible, MRM can offer a highly cost-effective Lay-Up service to those Owners wishing to temporarily withdraw assets from active service.
Drawing on 30 years worth of experience
in the recovery, re-location and husbandry of ships on behalf of major financial institutions, MRM SA is now uniquely placed to offer Owners a professional Hot or Cold Lay-Up service.
Employing only fully qualified Masters
Chief Engineers and other senior officers as Lay-Up Superintendents, clients are assured of a timely and inexpensive lay-up procedure with ongoing Superintendence as necessary.
It is recognised that each vessel
each Owner, each location may necessitate different approaches and methods. Therefore, Owners are urged to plan well in advance in conjunction with our Superintendents to ensure the most efficient outcome